Friday, October 6, 2023

IOMS


I'm feeling a malaise coming from my incurable disease, IOMS or Invisible Old Man Syndrome. Recent encounters with retail clerks or phone data collectors has proven to me without a doubt when I vibrate my vocal chords and send a sound wave, it immediately shuts down the receiver, a robot bio-product from the manufacturer, HUH, a subsidiary of corporate giant WHAT. The more I see this behavior in my more personal encounters shows me it is the receivers' passive-aggressive, Daddy issue baggage, control the situation totally freak, power move to put me in my place.

"You talk softly" . No I don't. You listen like you are in a cloud somewhere else. As if I am interrrupting you watching TV. The same glare.

Try to listen, please. This Old Man's rage has returned.

I'm talking extra loud and clearly these days for everyone's benefit and precious time.

*****************************


************************

No comments:

Post a Comment