Monday, November 27, 2023

Too Hot To Handle*


SAVE A TREE

It's pre-dawn and the wood stove has reignited chasing away the cold night air. As every morning these days, I sit with coffee and stare at it for some time. Life saving heat fills the room, delivers comfort from it's iron box. I try to burn oak. It's hard to find in these parts, soft wood is generally available. Pine is more work and creosotes the chimney.

Oak costs. I can shave off that expense by replacing my depleted cord with Bibles I can buy bulk from Goodwill, bookstores or garage sales I come across. They are glad to move them off their shelves. Mission 2024.

If I happen to get a motel room this upcoming year I'll steal the Gideon one in the nightstand. I bet that will burn good. If I go out West, I may pick up a Book of Mormon. They burn good, too. I'll burn any Abrahamic Moses-ist , Aaronite, Cabalistic,  or Muhammed flying on his mule, ancient bunch of gibberish, any stripe, size, color, mis-translated, bastardized, hard cover, trade or pamphlet or catechism version . Korans are kindling.


I'll bet Catholic schools have janitor closets with boxes of big thick books never opened. Those Catholic ones burn with sparkles. They don't last as long as the hard King Jimmy the Queer's version. If I put a Talmud in there, it would burn for days. A Zohar could be like Fukushima. I don't care, I'll burn it. They will finally do some good for humanity, namely, keeping me warm next winter. If I could only get a hold of some of that Burning Bush wood, I wouldn't have to tighten my budget this way.

The Hindus, it seems, have the sense to present their legends as fables. I enjoy a good story. Bagger Vance comes to mind. Did elephant- headed people really exist? Last mid -winter, the Iliad and the Odyssey were my close companion Greek classics. Got me through dark times. Jason and the Argonauts was the all-time greatest on-screen SausageFest*. I never thought for a moment Athena once existed physically or lived in the aft-head of a ship.


Don't bullshit me. These tomes have to go. I'm just doing my one small part to save humanity from choking on their own nonsense. I'm freeing the human mind with every burnt book and ash pile. And trying to save a few bucks. Those tiny wood grain fibers holding the ink in place are dying to return to Mother Earth likely fertilizing a new sprout. The ink, the lies, will disappear.

*************************

* The only thing that movie needed was a guest appearance by Randolph Scott.

*****************
Greek Baloney

Burn the Bible

Idiot's Revelation

Islam... 02 Ibn Warraq* II

**********************


***************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment