Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Heard on the Job


Heard on the Job

People who don't do anything don't make mistakes.

Hurry up every chance you can.

You are here to do, not to think.

Turning and burning - an industrial term using rigid conduit and gas axe/welder

"I am here to help" - first words said arriving from union hall dispatch.

Hang a Mailbox - a man taking too long on his assignment

Slow Walking 40 - Federal, State and Institutional jobs designed to be done the hardest, most difficult way possible

Goat Head - radio signal to proceed

The Wire Monster - Captured ballon-busting Willy Reed, South Wilmington IL, when he went to get wire and got stranded.

A Worm is someone willing to work in the rain

The 4 inch conduit ended in a large junction box above the General Foreman's desk. A deep resonating voice proclaims, "Arnie, this is God speaking." Arnie responds, "Shut up, God, and get back to work."

A Bitch Boy is the man partnered up with the trailblazing woman in the trade. His job was to carry and cover for her. Most partners last a week at most.

The transformer hums because it doesn't know the words.

"I broke one, I lost one and I took one home with me. Got three more?" You must know the joke.

"18 years. I sent her a Court ordered check every month. Today is the last one. I made every check out to Margaret "Bumfuck" Svenson. She cashed them all."

China is investing heavily in 6ft ladder factories. At some time in the future everyone will have a 6ft ladder. At an appointed time a billion Chinese will jump off their 6ft ladder, sending a seismic vibration through the earth, destroying America.

COUPLING - come to me, go from you CONNECTOR - goes into

Pie Are Round Cornbread Square

I don't work in local unions whose numbers add up to 8.

The only good thing that come outta Texas is an empty bus.

Ike Reece, "This ain't no Joe Neckbone local."

One honest established contractor, "If I don't make 40%, I won't bid it."

Two wire hook up. Three wire fuck up. Four wire drag up.

I'm Broke Every Wednesday

I show up four days a weeK. I can't live on three.

I got up too late to get here early.

*************************



*************************

No comments:

Post a Comment