Friday, September 22, 2023

Help # 2




ACTUAL CONVERSATION 

Setting: Gas station/Convenience store outside Salt Lake City. 6am, sunrise. Driving all night, I slept a couple hours in my car. I'm surly. A large black coffee is the cure.

******************

EWS: I'll have a large black coffee, please.

YOUNG WOMAN BEHIND COUNTER (YWBC) - Do you want cream with that?

EWS: No. a large black coffee, please.

YWBC: Do you want sugar with that?

EWS: NO. BlacK. Black CofFee. LaRGe.

YWBC: Do you want a straw with that?

EWS: (dispirited as hell) Is this your first day? Has anyone ever ordered a black coffee and asked for a straw?

YWBC: I have to ask everyone.

EWS: Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!

*************************************

People who act like a robot will be replaced by a robot.

**********************************


*********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment