Monday, December 12, 2022

Flunking 101



NO MARSHMALLOWS FOR YOU

In your early days of formal education, 2nd or 3rd grade, more than likely you were given the Marshmallow Test or a variation of this evaluation.

Taken into a room with a table and a chair. On the table were two marshmallows. You were told you can have one marshmallow. If you waited the assigned time, perhaps 90 seconds, you could eat the second marshmallow and receive a third marshmallow reward. If you ate the second marshmallow before the 90 seconds was up you forfeited the reward. You are being watched.

The ones that wait calmly for their reward are 'tracked'. Special. Guaranteed to be with the smart ones. A learner. High EQ - emotional quotient.

It's winter. Who wants to be in a quiet room alone sitting by the wood stove? Well, I do. I'm coming to appreciate silence inside and listening to the wind outside. The day can be spent with little outside noise, always a little A432 guitar, of course. The artificial noise of civilization are let into my ears and senses by my discretion. I don't have to be subjected to noise music or media lies if I don't want to hear it. I don't crave being connected. I like to know the weather forecast and that is still a guess.

I'm not getting my marshmallow reward for this type of life. I ate all the marshmallows. The modern bat shit crazy world is something to get far away from or a place to get deeply medicated to cope. Here, my squirrel friends entertain me, people walk on water and a chemtrail is unusual. 

 Unwanted noise causes stress. Marshmallows get you fat.

***********************************

(A man can dream)

*****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment