Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Dead, CA, Gratefully*


Remember 'Dead Head' ? How appropriate today. Lightning bolt  right down the middle. Cognitive dissonance in music, cognitive dissonance in life. 

What bothered Jerry was the Road Show. They were a decent garage band that got better.  Who the Fuck (WhTF, copyright EWS)... sponsored the crazy artsi-FartZi drummer?  Showed up on the door step like a wet puppy, except with drumsticks. Now Lil' Bobby parties on with the swinging dicks of Bohemian Grove.

I read Phil Lesh's book.  I can't say he'd be a chum of mine.  He wanted to keep the drug dealing machine called the Road Show going at all costs.  For the good times, no more.  The chaotic, dissonant music geniuses he follows show me an empty soul.  I am not a big Phil Lesh fan...

... at his joint in Sausilito (?) the stupid fawning over a 70 yr old man showing up for my wife's ex-boyfriends show was too much.  BTW, the  xBF is a great guitar player.  The ass-kissing of Mr Lesh, too much, was supreme. Another reason I'm out of California.

Nothing is correct about the Grateful Dead.  No.  Stop. Every Free Show in the Park, Haight -Asbury, through out the Scripted 60's - the Grateful Dead/Warlocks played:

 "Morning Dew"

Walk me out in the morning dew my honey,
Walk me out in the morning dew today.
I can't walk you out in the morning dew my honey,
I can't walk you out in the morning dew today.

I thought I heard a baby cry this morning,
I thought I heard a baby cry this today.
You didn't hear no baby cry this morning,
You didn't hear no baby cry today.

Where have all the people gone my honey,
Where have all the people gone today.
There's no need for you to be worrying about all those people,
You never see those people anyway.

I thought I heard a young man moan this morning,
I thought I heard a young man moan today.
I thought I heard a young man moan this morning,
I can't walk you out in the morning dew today.

Walk me out in the morning dew my honey,
Walk me out in the morning dew today.
I'll walk you out in the morning dew my honey,
I guess it doesn't really matter anyway,
I guess it doesn't matter anyway,
I guess it doesn't matter anyway,
Guess it doesn't matter anyway.

-Bonnie Dobson

*******************

They played it EVERY show. Can't say you haven't been warned.

********


****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment