Thursday, January 21, 2021

Gee-ZUZ*

This post is not meant to demean any believer in whatever context the they live.  It is intelligent people that develop ethical concepts to hang their hat on and live a fruitful life.  Stupid people don't question anything no matter how ridiculous.

I've had 12 years of Catholic education as a youth.  I was an alter boy and heard many a homily, or sermon to you Publics (as we called the other children in public schools).  I have heard this statement so many times from many quarters and I have never wrapped my mind around it - Jesus died for our sins. I never understood it, not sure I do today, but a recent theory came my way that makes sense at least a bit.

Now I don't want Jesus to die because I stole a Snickers bar from the Jablonski's drugstore 50 years ago.  It is really the ultimate guilt trip if you think about it - You killed Jesus! I did? That was 2000 years ago (or so some say.)

Caiphas was the High Priest of Jerusalem back "in the day".  He saw that the yearly scapegoat ritual of the Jews was done correctly. This action was taken to remove all the sins of the Jewish people and put upon the goyim, or anyone who wasn't a Jew.  It cleansed the soul and freed up the Jews to sin some more without guilt because the painted red goat was chased out the city gates into the desert. Perfect religious sense.

Well, it seems in Year 0 things did not go as planned. The goat didn't leave the city or ran the wrong way, something interrupted the divine plan that the priests weren't counting on.  They saw the signs that the great J-Ho-ah need a human sacrifice to quell his anger, maybe he just got sick of goat. So who appears on the scene is an itinerant heretical preacher causing problems in the hinterland talking about Love. J is going to gobble this one up.

As usual, the Jews got someone else to do the dirty work. On the front page of the history book, the Romans killed him, nailing Him to the cross.  That kind of work seemed to come easy for them. And the scapegoat Jesus shifted all the Jewish sins onto goyim. Forever. Jews are sin free and everyone else is damned.

Jesus didn't die for my sins, he died for Jewish sins.  I can glean some useful life guidelines from Christian philosophy, for instance, the Golden Rule. No one else in the barbaric desert traditions of Judaism or Islam or others says as much. It's all good to me up to my questions get the answer "You just have to believe". Then they lose me.

There is a theory that Jews created Christianity in order to have false opposition and give their followers a unifying target to hate.  This idea is growing in my mind and needs more research.

I'd be a better Christian if the Jews weren't involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment