Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Sac Rally for Freedom*




Freedom Rally
Sacramento, CA April 20, 2020

I saw there was Gridlock Rally scheduled for Sacramento today, so I headed the van in that direction.  Of the 38 million people in California, I’d like to see the quality of protest, the quality of people who think House Arrest is not a government policy. I was pleasantly surprised in some aspects, profoundly disappointed in others.

I wasn’t too keen on the honeypot of protest, that is drive your car around the Capital several times and make sure your license plate gets photographed enough so they know where to come and get you.  I parked a half mile away and hoofed it in.  Scheduled for Noon, I was there before 11:30.

Why is there such annoying loud music at these kinds of events? 'Imagine' by John Lennon, c’mon, let it go.  American military music? These people are going to stomp on your backs. “This Is God’s Country”, afraid not Mr. DJ, the devil is running rampant. So, I moved behind the speakers for some ear relief and watched things unfold.


I have a long history of documenting protests.  I have been in a lot of crowds of protesters.  I have been in on the planning of fairly large protests. I have to say by the disorganization, the lack of program besides wave your American flag, and the general wandering around by all involved this was an ad hoc Facebook called protest;  Leaderless, no speakers or sycophant seal clappers like in a lefty event. White gas on concrete, as A. Cockburn once told me, but I'm sure there was a hand stirring the pot. No designated minority representation.  In fact, the only person screaming for their freedom were white people.  I saw no black, Mexican, Asians at all.  Yes, I would have admit some may have been there, but this was what those Diversity People call, a totally white event.  I think the blacks in this country want to be slaves, the Mexicans would never challenge El Chefe and the Asians are always frightened little assholes.


When the dozen or so bicycle cops, with masks on, roll up – they get an ovation.  Masked men with weapons are not usually acknowledged with applause.

I must say I was heartened by the role of the women in calling for the end of the lock-down.  Hysterical Women for Freedom. There were some very strong voices, one cynical might even consider them paid actors, but they were there.  Then there were the constantly muddled-headed variety, wanting to be so rebellious as to put their toe in the water.  So, she would have her American flag face mask (still not so sure the pandemic isn’t real, and obviously very fashionable) her complete outfit of Red White and Blue tennis shoes, scarf, hat and anything else, her signs of pleading (Please, give us back our Freedoms, please), and, of course, a Trump 2020 sign.  So, the guy that is holding you in jail is your Savior.

Don’t tell me the Stockholm Syndrome isn’t alive in well in the Good Ole USA.  This is one confused populace.


One of the more disturbing aspects of this, all protests have side issues that glue to the main point, but this call for the ending of the lock-down becomes a Donald Trump rally.  The guy that puts you under Martial Law, borrows 2.2 Trillion dollars to fund do-nothing white elephant programs or plain giveaways, through the advice of his Swamp Creature ‘expert’ is supposed to release us from our bondage.  One Trump supporter said to me, “It was Governor Newsome that put us under house arrest.” And, I guess, he was right. 

Just what I needed today - more stupid, delusional thinking.

The women and their muddle-headed thinking were represented by the ‘Recall Newsome’ signs, 100% held by women.  Still believing the system only needs better cogs and switches, they have no concept the next petty tyrant is going to be worse. 


As the afternoon went on and I started to stroll around the entire Capital Park, I realized the protest was much larger than it seemed.  One of the little things that make me laugh internally was the fact all the honking rebellious drivers refused to go against a One Way traffic sign.  Instead of completely circling the Capital and Park, the cars were serpentine around the city. ‘Go with flow’ certainly helped their Operation Gridlock campaign, in a city that wasn't going to be disrupted because they were hiding in their homes.

It heartened me to see the joyousness in coming together.  I saw hugging, hand shaking, greetings and salutations of kindred spirits.  All in all it did my spirit good.  I can complain about the muddled-thinking. I can see the holes in their arguments, and I’m scared as hell as where it is all going.  But I did see people walking on their hind legs and for that it was worth the trip.

**********************


Latest CDC COVID-19 Numbers Make the Doom-and-Gloom Cult Look Like Complete Idiots


The CDC recently released coronavirus numbers from February 1, 2020 to April 18, 2020.

With each day it is getting harder and harder for these so-called experts to defend their complete destruction of the American economy.

Since February there have been 17,229 COVID-19 deaths.

Another 7,676 died from COVID-19 and pneumonia.

During this same time period 49,013 Americans died from pneumonia.

And then there is the age gap.

There were 20 deaths under the age of 25.
That comes out to 0.1% of all coronavirus deaths.

There were 13,518 deaths over 65 years of age.


*******************


In a National Emergency, Does the Constitution Still Apply?

President Trump proclaimed a national state of emergency under the National Emergencies Act on March 13, 2020. However, nothing in that proclamation closed any businesses, confined anyone in their homes or infringed on any other constitutional rights or liberties. That, and other actions by the federal government merely cleared away certain regulatory roadblocks that could interfere with the government’s response to the pandemic.

By contrast, the orders issued at the state and local level have dramatically restricted the civil liberties of ordinary law-abiding Americans, shutting down all “non-essential” businesses, causing, at last count, 22 million Americans to lose their jobs, and confining the vast majority of the nation to their homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment