Monday, March 11, 2024

Nortwoods Report 3

Nothing like it looks like...

PRE-SPRING NORTHWOODS REPORT 2024

Northern Wisconsin, the Nortwoods, is going Poof! soon.  It's going to be quite the cataclysm.  Conditions here just need a match.

Even the National Forestry Service employees practice avoidance of the issue.  Every tree is in a state of decay, the NFS answer is the same I get everywhere, "I don't know."  Someone knows.

Fukushima rain is my first suspect but other factors play in, and I suspect again, of a man-made manipulation. In April of 2019 a weather event never seen before in the region media named a 'Derecho'. It knocked trees down in thousand of acres. When locals recall it their eyes get big and immediately tell a tale of survival.  I have heard many stories of that night, I was not an eyewitness.

The water table has been polluted by P-FOSS, a 'forever' industrial chemical.  Any assessment of damages is too late.

As one drives along it's easy to spot the large trees trunks twisted and it's stress lines all around open to bugs and fungal disease.  The 'derecho' was described to me by my neighbor as 'mini-tornadoes' and it explains how selective the blow down was.  Lines of demarcation of surviving forest and wreck are easily seen from high points.  Root balls of the fallen are common, resulting in trees leaning on one another. Fuel ladders are everywhere.

The amount of dry wood on the forest floor ready to ignite cannot be underestimated.  Plantation pine trees planted in the 60's grown to 80ft and have 60 years of pine needless built up.  The behavior of my overall neighbors with their sugar camps, backyard bonfires, wood stoves and general obliviousness of this issue, does not give me strength.

I arrived in June of 2020.  In four years we have not had a wind storm of any damage, in any season since then.  In fact, the lack of wind is striking.  I am in a valley and weather does quickly change. We had a few mighty snows with wind, but no great unexpected damage.  Few thunderstorms happened in the summer and this most unusual winter, no snow with an early spring.  Now the wind is blowing drying it all out.

The water table has been polluted by P-FOSS, a 'forever' industrial chemical.  Any assessment of damages is too late.

The amount of cell towers have increased 10-fold in the last four years.  I find I am immediately shut down of discussing any environmental disturbance through frequency and vibration.  The mind-controlled robot slaves will not do without the great convenience of their cell phones.  They are their cell phones.  Still, no discussions of the fact there are few mosquitoes in the summer.  Some immediately deny it and relate one night they got bit up pretty bad,,, blah, blah, blah.  Coming up here 50 years ago, I didn't leave Illinois without my mosquito netting pith helmet.   Getting a solid night sleep was near impossible unless you were drunk.  Today there is a company called Mosquito Police that will come out and spray killer chemicals around your property.  Thanks, fellas, but no thanks. What an insane idea.

In my short time it seems wildlife has decreased.  The forest is not sustaining life.  I'm interested in the spring return of the birds.  The deer harvest was down 30% this year.  I'm half glad the ice fisherman got skunked.  Maybe I'll catch a fat fish in the summer.  Fishing is sparse, people don't talk about that either.  This area was once a sport fisherman's paradise. It's tied directly to the lack of mosquitoes.

Like all things important up here, the Fire Department is funded by bake sales, meat raffles, and bratwurst stands.  The town managed to purchase a new (a little used) fire truck for the town, now we intend to outfit it with the proper equipment.  Time for another benefit party.

Involved and committed community people are involved in all this, but when the flame hits the wind, their efforts are not going to add up to much.  All the surrounding towns fire prevention combined is not going to stop a thing.  They have no sense of the danger. If they do, they don't talk about it. The last fire of any magnitude in the area was in 1964. It will dwarf what is coming.

Maybe our saving grace is our beloved Governor Tony Balogna vier Everstalin.  It seems political enemies get scorched in present day politics.  Recent events in Texas are very suspicious and never forget the MO of insurance fraud.  Lahaina, Hawaii was a military strike. I've described my experience with California wildfires, Redding, Napa, Paradise, most strange.  My fears are justified.

Here, I am in a National Forest and we will all be dead in a night.

************************************



**********************************

Playing Around Series:


No comments:

Post a Comment