Wednesday, March 20, 2024

3 SUICIDE 3

 


This, too, shall pass.

The Plausible Premise: An accident, warfare injury, self-inflicted harm of some sort occurs. The person loses 3/4 of their blood capacity, but recovers to full health in time. Releasing to the ether 75% of your vital life force and don't die. What is the limit? The final red corpusal?

**************************

I was weeding the garden last summer. There is an invasive plant, it grows quickly and it has a kind of Velcro clips on its outer long slender leaf. It sticks to my clothes, my glove, it will not go in the bucket. It seems I throw it away three times with each weed. So, I had them all ready to go to the compost heap, (it was battle and I determined to win, stupid weed), and dumped them, picking a few off my shirt, but in the bin, dammit... until I headed back and found a couple laying in the path, just waiting for the next rain.

That same day I hoe-ed into an ant colony. Immediately, everywhere ants on guard, working gallantly to seal the damage of my Destructo-stick. The hive mind feverishly at work, and, like Chauncey Gardiner, I like to watch. All afternoon, it was better than the Nature Channel.

The tenacity of intending to stay in this Realm, not return to the darkside of the turf, to remain in the beautiful, wonderous green SnowGlobe we live in; plant, animal, human beings. Lose that, you are already dead inside.

***********************

I have sat and listened as friends contemplated suicide. I find it is easy to be non-judgmental. I'm not walking in those shoes. Mostly, it is not as serious as it sounds. It's more of a What if? scenario and extreme constant pain I could extend my morals. I can listen and not encourage in the direction of suicide. I would not give a ride to euthanasia clinic for someone if they were emotionally distressed. It seems that condition only needs TLC. I've grown through mighty tempests of angst, as we all have.

It, too, shall pass.

*****************************


****************************

No comments:

Post a Comment