Friday, June 30, 2023

Playing Around* 2


1) My home is decorated with armless chairs I found on the side of the road with sign "FREE" attached.

2) I built a small music stage in the backyard. There has been occasions but not as many as I would like.

3) I moved to the most un-musical county in the country.

Jerry Lee from Memphis, Tennessee

4) I'll play with a second mic standing alone. This is for karaoke people.

5) Last week at the coffeehouse was a bust. The memory of having the baby fascinated by my music was worth the trip.

6) The musicians I have met widely seem to base their value on the Tips measurement per performance, not so much on talent.


7) I will admit folks are quietly very gracious tippers.

8) Sr. Amelia speaking of diction: Use your teeth, lips and tongue. This bit of Catholic education helps my singing and I must remind myself often.

9) Remember Elvis's Comeback Concert? It was a song circle. Better than sex. Been a long time for either one.


10) No more bluegrass festivals. I do not want the company of gawking people that make themselves ugly in so many ways. Makes those toothless country hicks on stage look classy.

******************************

**************************


*********************

No comments:

Post a Comment