Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Help #1


Actual conversation... 

Saturday afternoon. I answer the phone:

ME: Hello

MATTHEW: Hello. This is Matthew from the bike shop. I'm calling to tell you your bike is ready to be picked up.

ME: Great. Well, it's 4:30 now, I won't make it into town today. Are you open tomorrow?

MATTHEW: I think so.

ME: What do you mean 'I think so'. You work at the bike shop, don't you?

MATTHEW: Wait. I'll ask Steve. (muted mumbles in the background) Yeah, he thinks so, too.

ME: Thinks so? Can you tell me for sure so I don't make a wasted trip?

MATTHEW: Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll be open.

***************

Sometimes the stupid is Jello thick.

***************************


************************

UPDATE 062823: The back brakes didn't work.

*****************************

No comments:

Post a Comment