Monday, September 12, 2022

Reality Snaps*

 

 SNAPPING BACK TO REALITY

*****************

Another fine yoga session complete at beautiful Bass Lake.

Savasanna, the corpse pose is left. The full weight of my body settles into the fine beach sand.  My palms are open expressing gratitude, my feet are splayed, my chin in, neck straight.  Focusing on the very tip of my nose, the breaths are slow and long... leafing down, relaxation overcomes me.  "So many people never relax.", I say to myself, enjoying the sunshine, light breeze and lapping wake...

... (time passes)......I pretty near fell asleep... my eyes pop open... a Golden Eagle or Turkey Buzzard,  is in the drafts right above me... it's feathers were glistening in the sun light as it swooped, circled and dived... a most wonderful slice of nature... I watched for a while fascinated... then I thought he thought I was dead.

I jumped up.

*****************************

Another fine yoga session complete at beautiful Boot Lake.

This site faces Southeast for morning sun and protected on windy days from the West/NW.  It is connected to a small campground so more people are around.  There is a boat launch nearby, also, as I practice I watch the fishermen and where they go (out by the point seems the most popular).

At the end of this session I decided to sit and meditate, as I do at the end of most.  Thinking, not non-thinking or the BS the mind controllers are pulling.  Thinking is problem solving, non-thinking is you sitting on your ass.  It's a popular lake and boats at the launch come and go, it's just a noise coming through the trees in the background as people load or unload, something I accept at this beautiful spot.  A few minutes go by and a strange sound makes me pop my eyes open...

... it was the sound of dog nails on hard plastic, whimpering and tap dancing.  He had on a yellow vest with black words, I assume read 'Emotional Support' or some such crap.  On his collar was a leash and attached to the other end was a man in his paddle kayak.  Floppy hat, fishing pole, cooler... and his petrified dog stuck of 4 sq ft of unstable ground, whimpering like he couldn't swim.  You might say I was non-thinking as I sat stunned and speechless as they went by.

***************************

Next Up : Laundry Cat

*********************


****************************

No comments:

Post a Comment