Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Bully Woman*


Bully Woman

I haven't been too successful socially in recent years. I internalize past conversations and wonder why I didn't respond with all the verve I have at hand. 

I have defined my nemesis. I call her Bully Woman (BW). Most likely Red Hat, post menopausal, lives alone or with three cats. She has no defined boundaries on what she can say or has no idea of the affect of words on the people where she directs them. Nobody seems to have a backbone to defy them, especially her fellow girlfriends who can't seem to wait for the next droplet of diminishing wisdom that comes from her lips. She don't like nothing, never have a good word, and passive aggressively attacks the good things in life…


…In strolls me. A man. With all my faults, I want to be respectful of anyone I meet until they prove me otherwise. I obviously represent the 3 billion or so penis dangling members of the species that BW has a deep-seated problem. Father who abandoned her, a boyfriend who jilted her, a husband who just had enough - there I am ready for her abuse, always in front of others to cover her victimhood, if need be. It is those conversations that keep me up at night. My best defense is always avoidance and it is the tactic I use the most. I have attuned my senses to whiff these angry bitches out and stay away, but they find me.

I used to wear a white hat and try to please women, but no more.


Occasionally, BW has a man in her life. Without a doubt he is a complete poodle. While with her woman friends she is so inclined to impress, she will call him over, make him roll over, walk on his hind legs (which doesn't do in real life), fetch and then dismiss him accordingly. As he walks away she will announce how "cute he is", This gets an affirming nod from gyno set.


I am older now and the people I am with reflect that age demographic. I have limited myself, at any given time, to the company of two women and most of the time I excuse myself from that situation after respectful interaction. I simply don't belong in a Koffee Klutch. I don't gossip and I don't want to know anymore about anyone than they personally are willing to tell me. I also have learned not to tell any woman anything about myself or it will be on Facebook or used against me in some weird way. I simply don't like their company. The discussions I propose are always uncomfortable for them to hear, never entertaining, and do not get an argument, resolving in name calling. There just isn't much there to share. I wish it were different and I keep my eyes and ears open for a possibility of friendship, but I sure ain't hopeful.

***************************


*******************

No comments:

Post a Comment