Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In A World Of Pain*


Stress Management:

Meditation is good for the body as well as the mind, scientists have discovered, as the practice significantly reduces the risk of a heart attack for people with heart disease.

******************************************************

In A World Of Pain

I'm tired.
Exhaustion from despair.
Seeing absurdities.
False hope abounds.
I'm tired.

I'm so tired.
Struggle is pain.
Work is drudgery.
Fun is ridicule.
I'm so tired.

I'm so very tired.
Food is poison.
Friends are users.
Peace is gone.
I'm so very tired.

I rest.
Close my eyes.
Listen to my breath.
Separate my thoughts.
I rest.

I continue to rest.
Allow the mind to process.
Let the images come and go.
Judge the value.
I continue to rest.

I rest when I open my eyes.
I see more clearly.
I focus more intently.
I listen with compassion.
I rest everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment