Saturday, October 24, 2020

Road Reflections*


I drove to California and back across this country and its mass-hypnotized population.  I must say the spell seems to be set much deeper the further west you go. People were wearing masks at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Nuts.

Most of my contacts on this trip were cashiers at the gas station or convenience stores and a few conversations at rest stops.  I found some sanity there at the rest stop, a few people were willing to talk, but so many acted absolutely scared of everything, mostly women.  If you are traveling with a dog in a diaper, wouldn't a little virus seem inconsequential compared to dog shit in your car? 

In one early morning coffee encounter at the convenience store, the brain trust there put the tops and straws behind the counter.  As I tried to give her my two bucks, she asks, "Would you want a top for that?" I said, "Yes. It is hot coffee. Thanks." "Do you want a straw with that?" Pause. "Have you ever seen anyone drink hot coffee with a straw?" "You don't have to be that way. I have to ask."  I know why machines are taking the jobs of stupid people.  Or asking for my ID when I'm buying beer. "I have to ask everyone."  I'm using self check out without guilt from here on out.

California is the State of Insanity.  The programmed mind rules the day.  Then again, California has always been the test tube of social engineering.  The population is stunned and frozen.  In the land of plenty, they are the most chronically dissatisfied people on earth.  Never used their mind, just got on the Governments' dime.  "Gimme Comfort and Entertainment" is the state motto.  I don't have much hope for them.  I see, very near, a dark future on the Left Coast.

The California demons followed me all the way to Des Moines and the road to St Paul is still ringing with my curses and pain.  After sitting 3 days at 70 MPH, my blood pressure was soaring.  Anger, anger and more anger poured out of me. The stupidity, the lack of common sense, the instant communication that causes so much trouble, everything this brainwashed population stands for today I screamed at for 100's of miles.  I was having a fit.  It finally let go when I crossed the Mississippi and entered Wisconsin.

Glad to be home.


No comments:

Post a Comment