Saturday, January 25, 2020

Doomed*


By Professor Doom
So I’ve been suffering at the hands of cancer treatment well over a year, and am doomed at this point. I thought it’d be worthwhile as my final post to give a discussion of what happened to me.

************************

This is truly sad. For the fact we are to lose the talents of a wonderful man and as I read, the events of the death of my very own mother 40 years ago it has the same tale.  Nothing has improved in the medical world.  

Diagnosed with lymph node cancer, my mother - from the time period of miracle working drugs and with an awe of any MD - went into treatment.  Poisoned bi-weekly, cut and sliced by butchers who knew her healing system was ruined and finally burnt by radiation to stop the spread of the cancer, thankfully to my young mind, she passed away after an eighteen month ordeal. As a supporter and observer, I knew these doctors were monsters, but the family couldn't convince Mom.  She always had faith the next treatment would work. 

It was a good life lesson for me.  I learned to stay away from doctors and the medical establishment.

Now, I read Professor Doom is close to dying.  It reads like he has had enough.  His skepticism is refreshing, his history sounds so fresh, bringing back 40 year pain, but I thank him for validating my experience and solidifying what I will do when I get that diagnosis.  It won't include Chemo, surgery and radiation, that's for sure.

I think I have read everyone of Doom's posts.  His reporting on the state of higher education is a must read for any parent with college bound children.  So many still believe the University will lead to an easy life.  Why can't people shake deep seeded myths?  Why can't they be honest with themselves?  How come facts and truth are so ignored in favor butterflies and unicorns?  Doom tells us how it is in grades 13-16 and the costs, corruption and bad product these factories produce.  His lone voice is most admirable to me, as I want the world as it is, not how I wish it to be.  I learned plenty from you, Professor, and wish to meet you some day to tell you.  It sounds like it will be an ethereal meet-up, I'll try to make that happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment