Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Passive/Aggressive Prayer*


I will listen and listen hard. I will formulate what I hear into a thoughtful response. I will not condemn, belittle, diminish, degrade or insult the speaker. I will say Please and Thank You with every statement. I will not encourage anger. I will not be confrontational. I will be confident in my bearing and foster confidence in others. I will develop a deeper understanding and a kinder spirit. My character will improve. My integrity will grow. I will stand taller.

Life's difficult situations demand a stronger internal fortitude. My personal survival is at stake. Surrounding myself with people of weak character will bring me down to their level. Bringing people up the scale is my reason for living. A lifetime of improvement is my future. 

Learn from the least. Listen to the softest speaker. Be most kind to the most angry. I will accept the challenge. 




No comments:

Post a Comment