Monday, March 23, 2009

What War?*

Drugs, friend or enemy?

Seven thousand people protested the Wars in Washington DC this weekend. I don't imagine anyone saw a report on television, radio or newspapers. Admittedly, a meager turn out. The minds of the population have been invaded, taken over and programmed by false hope of the electoral process. Not being seen is as good as not existing in the quick turnaround meme world of modern America. I could take a pessimistic, angry attitude towards my fellow citizens and decry how "stupid" they are, or "fat and stupid", or how "ignorant, fat and stupid" they are, but this time I refuse to get my undies in a bunch. I will continue to go along and do what I can do to bring attention to the daily atrocities this governmental administration continues to do (yes, Obama is a war criminal, too. He doesn't get a break because he didn't start it. His policies maintain the oppression.) Contempt won't help this country heal, but smash face truth will. Along with all the false hope it seems that false empathy and compassion for our veterans is the rage. Like we care a bunch, face it, we don't. Out of guilt, shame and embarrassment we'll cough up a quarter to the guy on the off ramp, but basically the killing, maiming and psyche damage rolls merrily along. I'll dig in further pissing on patriotism, jeering at jingoism, and challenging stupid parents happily sending their children to the war machine expecting my sympathies and support. I can not care, too. Send them to the Army all I expect is death, half death or zombie death, I sure don't know what they expect is going to happen. They obviously didn't raise bright kids. Support the troops? What for? Only the ones working for peaceful solutions is where my efforts will lie. Half the people leaving DC will be agitated to begin another phase of antiwar work. The other half will be disenchanted and dragging them down. Such is the dynamics of organization, as best as I can tell. I'll try to focus on my own talents and resources and avoid those defeated by exasperation. I can't live with myself doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment