Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sure, I'm Normal

Quote of the Day: "When the politics of lying becomes normal, paranoia and alienation become the "normality" of the day." R.A.W. Cosmic Trigger

I'd like discussion to back off the terms "positive" or "negative" when discussing human emotions or events. A more descriptive form may be "constructive" or "destructive", recognizing that all feelings, motivtions and deceits exist, how one reacts internally is more important than repressing such de-humanizing traits. It's a longer plan of massaging the pain away because hitting it with a 2x4 only aggravates it.

So much lying swirling around our heads... the television is a constant source of escapism and desensitizing plotlines. Even when dealing with serious matters the talking robots deliver false facts, false hope, and intentional disinformation - it's just their jobs. The wall of fact and fiction has broken down to such a degree that people won't make disdinctions because the fantasy world holds such sweet fruits, the fact of constant pain is all too much. All dreams end and when they do wake up mental and emotional breakdown occurs.

The ignorant will never realize how ignorant they are. Do many you know admit to their own ignorance? How many actually act on it concretely? We lie to ourselves constantly, myself included here, and possibly in some degree if we didn't we'd all go mad.

The system we are in endlessly promotes changing appearence, as if you are not beautiful already. It constantlly reminds us how defecient we are, how we smell terribly and filled with Original Sin, animals in clothes. Do you belive that?

I prefer to see myself as an honest and loving person. I went through life thinking that would always show and be self-evident. I now know what an incredible effort it is to approach such a state. When I do face up and look at my shortcomings, realizing the pain I have caused by insensivities and rudeness, I do have regret. I can't let it drag me down. It's time to rebuild my life with integrity and depth. Materialism, beyond immediate needs, doesn't have its' hooks in me. I will dwell on our more spiritual nature, without apology, and have extreme compassion on those walking in sleep-state.

I have to go to this place, the hamster wheel of capitalism has me exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment